Thursday, October 09, 2008

Reflections...


Today I played golf with dad. Mind you our game wasn't as good as we expected but the outing was. Not that we connected on a different level but it was just me playing golf with dad and his buddies. Actually it was very surprising that he even allowed me to play with him since his friends were gonna be there too, what with my blonde hair and all. I introduced myself as his Scandinavian son but the joke got lost in translation.

Few years back, I had a wish. My dream job would be one that allows me to play golf with my dad at least once a week. Seeing I wasn't my own boss, I thought maybe I could at least join him once in a while on his regional tour of golf destinations. Nope! Not even that. It's not that I couldn't afford it but time was never permitting. Now, why is that? Why isn't time available? Me and wife noticed that back in the day when our paycheck was a mere fraction to what our last drawn paycheck was, we managed to travel the world more. It wasn't that we had more leave days, it was the fact that we MADE the time. Every dollar saved was towards that nice trip we'll have every 6 months. We need to figure out how to get back to those days and still keep our paycheck.

After golf, I rushed home since Josh wanted to go for a swim again. Unfortunately, we were just in the pool for a few minutes before it rained again. Poor boy! I'll try again tomorrow. In a weird turn of events, we were actually stranded in the shelter by the pool for a good half hour waiting for the rain to subside. And for that good half hour, we chatted. Me and my nearly 5 year old son. We chatted about everything and nothing. When was the last time you could say that you chatted with your son. Really chatted. I enjoyed it tremendously. Josh was just hoping the sun to come out so he could go back in the water.

Nope, the sun didn't come out but wife did with an umbrella. Josh resigned to the fact that pool day was not gonna be today but was probably glad cos he didn't have to chat with me anymore. Hahahaa!

Back in the house, wife and I watched Hulk and Hellboy2 in our mini superhero marathon.

All in all, it was a fulfilling day for a jobless yellow haired dude.

No comments: