Thursday, October 09, 2008

Everything is going swimmingly...











It still rained today but we managed to go swimming in between showers. Josh was so happy and asks if he could swim again tomorrow. But of course, my boy! As long as it doesn't rain.

I myself have been disappointed when not being able to bring him to the pool especially when I have promised him and all due to weather. It doesn't really matter to a child if there is good reason you do not keep a promise. Bottom line is that you have not. But when you do, the reward is priceless. The joy that he gets...

I'm especially proud of my boy now as he is starting to read on his own. I like the way they teach him in his kindergarten. Phonetics. So be it Bahasa or English, he is able to make out words by not memorizing but making the sounds the letters make and stringing them up to make a word. We take it for granted because we put it to memory most of the words we use daily. I thank the Zizster for reading to him every night and to inculcate the reading culture in Josh even when he was in the womb. I have never been a good reader, save for Laughter the Best Medicine, Life's Like That, All in a Day's Work, Humor in Uniform and Campus Comedy. 1000 points to people who can guess where these can be found!

Maybe once Josh can type, I'll get him to start his own blog!

Today also, I had to face the hard reality that I may have to part with my 'other' beloved, Gina. I showed my car to a few potential buyers but the mere experience have made me depressed. I'll try my best to contain my tears when I do actually sell her. For now, I will cherish every single mile I am with her...

No comments: