Monday, October 06, 2008

Jobless should not be job less...

Since I graduated, I have always held a job and the time between jobs were confined to a few days to a few weeks. This time round, it will probably be longer. What will I do with the time? I have no idea. I have 1001 things I would love to do but most would eat up into my reserves too fast. So I will try my best to fill up the time dedicated to my immediate family. Take my kid swimming tomorrow? He'd love that. Bring my dad golfing? Hell yeah! Have breakfast with the wife after sending Imran to kindergarten? Why not?

Simple things in life I have taken for granted thinking I'll do it later. I'm too busy now. I'm too tired. They would understand.

We tend to forget what working is for. A means to earn enough so that we can live comfortably. To provide for the people close to you. Your family. We tend to take work too seriously that we neglect the very people you work to support. What have we not given that they yearn? Your time to be with them. Your time to share the things your salary can buy. Your presence.

I need to remedy that...

No comments: