Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aquaboy











I'm enjoying this routine even more now. Not working enables me to bring Josh out to swim everyday. Problem is the weather. It's come to a point that I get exasperated at the sight of rain too. Not just Josh. Today we managed to get one hour before the rain. So no rubber dinghy, just flippers, goggles and snorkels.

I've always been a lousy teacher for the simple reason I do not have the patience with my students. I'm taking a different approach with Josh when it comes to swimming. Let him be comfortable in the water first. Never mind the techniques. Let him learn what works and what doesn't. We'll work from there. Told him how it should work, then let him decide whether to try Papa's way or not.

Mind you, the boy is competitive and raced me from one end to the other. Technique or no technique, he can sure move fast with those flippers!

No comments: