Sunday, October 12, 2008

Josh is turning 5 tomorrow...

Josh had his own countdown to his fifth birthday. Must be the birthdays of his classmates before him, making him wonder when his turn would be. I hope he won't be disappointed especially when he's already gotten gifts one day before. He didn't ask for much. Pakchak bought him the very thing he has been asking for. A remote controlled car. That's probably because I couldn't find the charger for my Mini RC. Papa and Mama has yet to get him stuff so we wil see his reaction tomorrow.

Today we went to Hulu Langat to my parents' place so he could cut his birthday cake with his cousins. We got there at lunch time so Josh got bored waiting for tea time. He wanted to learn how to use my Digital SLR so I gave him a few pointers and set him free around the house to snap away. Usually he has his own compact digital camera but has always eyed Papa's camera.

Don't touch the lens! Hold it like this! Don't press this, don't press that! Make sure you don't drop it! Those were the simple instructions I gave him before I fell asleep. Hahahaa!!! These few pictures were his own. That's the beauty of digital cameras nowadays. U are not stingy on film. No more "takut habis Kodak". I do have to say with a bit of practice, this could be a serious hobby for Josh.

I like this last one only after I downloaded it into the Mac. You could actually see the scene in this one, me in the reflection talking to the Zizster from the garden. I always believe in giving my kid the right encouragement in his forming years. Can't say that I am an expert in parenting but at least I liked them when I was growing up. The simple acknowledgments, the simple pat on the back, the simple "Good job, Josh". I hope it goes a long way with my kid.

Happy 5th Birthday, Josh! I'm proud of you.

No comments: