Monday, October 13, 2008

Looking for the perfect birthday gift for Josh

Today was a tiring day for us. I wanted to get Josh a snorkeling set. Getting the fins, snorkel and goggles were not too difficult. It was the swimming vest that proved to be more difficult than the Amazing Race challenges. I started in One Utama, then off to the Curve, then Sunway Pyramid and finally Plaza Damas. Still, I didn't manage to get the specific Speedo one that I wanted. I had to settle for a blow up vest which serves its purpose, but not if you need to blow it up everytime you want to go for a swim. It will do for now. The vest can wait.

Today, we celebrated his birthday with the in-laws. Lo and behold, everyone got him water related gifts!

Was Josh a happy chappy when Uncle Zul, Aunty Juju and Wan got him a rubber dinghy, oars and an electric pump. He was more excited when I started to fill up the dinghy with air. He was already wearing his swimming vest during dinner. Once we inflated the dinghy, it was difficult getting him out of it. He was even singing "Row, row, row your boat..."

Once we got home, (note to self: an inflated dinghy does not really fit in a Golf GTI!) I had to take pictures of him in the dinghy along with his other presents. Surprise! Surprise! After Josh got ready for bed, he just gathered some cushions and climbed in, read his Doa sebelum tidur and fell asleep.

I've always wanted a rubber dinghy... I wonder if he'd let me use it tomorrow in the pool.

No comments: