Friday, August 03, 2007

Got me new lenses...

I always wondered how the adverts on billboards have really nice close-up pictures of people or objects with very blurry background. Technically this is done by using the biggest aperture in your settings.




However, the lenses I had before never managed to go beyond 1:4.5 (cheap amateur lenses). So the desired effect didn't quite turn out to my liking unless the background is really far away. I always knew this will set me back quite a bit if I were to invest in better lenses. I stumbled upon a Canon 50mm f1.8 canon lenses by chance. It was housed together with the ones that cost well over RM3000. Surprisingly, this one only cost a fraction of that.




Here are some of the pictures I took. Of course you could also edit the pictures in Photoshop and add the blur effect, but where is the fun in that?

No comments: